Sunday, April 6, 2014

Window Seal, contributed by Dolly De Leon



I need to throw a tantrum....

*(^*(^*%&))%^#$#$#%^&*T*!!!!

And I need to curse!

F(&(&(&(&()^$%^#%^^&&()!!!!!!!!!!

You think you can get away from a grammar watcher by sounding good?  Seems nothing wrong here, OK, but what the heck is a window SEAL???  And I want to know how I can sit on it?  I will endorse this to the spelling police but not without a good lashing from me!!!

This seems like a simple sign and nothing to how it was done.  Excuse me, you don't understand what lay-out means to a graphic artist, no matter how simple it looks.  He thinks of a color scheme, finds what other graphics can go with the wordings of the sign, insert the company logo, etc etc Then, we also have to deal with printing - the ink and the paper.  After all that, we need to stick it to the poor wall.  THEN you come out with a window SEAL.  Goodness.

FEET OFF PLS.  It has been 24 hours for me figuring out what that phrase has to do with sitting on a window SEAL.  I'm giving up.  That phrase has to go.

So, as my duty as a grammar watcher, here is your correction:

No sitting on the window sill.

Better yet:

Please do not sit on the window sill.  (Maybe a reason can be stated here briefly).

As an extra, here are some definitions of SEAL and SILL from dictionary.com:

SEAL:
noun
an embossed emblem, figure, symbol, wordletter, etc., used as attestation or evidence ofauthenticity.


SILL:
noun
a horizontal timber, block, or the like serving as a foundation of a wall, house, etc.













2 comments:

  1. Keep on writing this kind of humorous correction Ms. Grammar Watcher... Sometimes all we need is a pun to have fun understanding English grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete